To fit the final design of the forest concept, I had to create cylindrical setup. I found some great black wire to make loops in order to mount the trees all around. I super glued the trees directly to the wire (sometimes my fingers with it) and most of them stood up beautifully. The ones that didn’t, I had to create an extra single wire support behind, which worked well.
We don’t have the proper setup to do some test shoots, so I did a quick rig on a c-stand to see if I was on the right track at all. The rig taught me a few things: I need a couple more loops of trees, the loops need to get about 1″ bigger each step I recede back, I need to create a sturdier rigging to link all of the loops together, and I was completely on the right track!!!
Most of these things are not too hard to fix, it’s just more hours of work. I’m super excited that I might actually pull this off.